Sunday, August 23, 2009

Value Your Uniqueness

Uniqueness: I value what is unique in me

I value my own specialness and I dare to reveal it. Since the universe expresses itself through the differences in all of creation, I choose to acknowledge my own uniqueness. My inner self speaks through the nonconformity that I am. Today I applaud nonconformity and the differences within my life.

I am free of the need to please others or to conform to what they are. When I am true to myself, I easily and lovingly express my own opinions and beliefs without fear of rejection. My self-worth is not on the line when I recognize the uniqueness in myself and others. I do not have to agree with everyone, and everyone does not have to agree with me. Belief in my differentness allows me to understand those who do not understand me.

I praise my uniqueness and wear it proudly.

- From “Daily Affirmations for Adult Children of Alcoholics” by Rokelle Lerner

No comments:

Post a Comment